- ADULT PROGRAMS:
- There will be a free screening of the film “On the Basis of Sex” starring Felicity Jones and Armie Hammer, at 3 p.m. on Monday, July 22. The movie explores the true story of Ruth Bader Ginsburg, her struggles for equal rights, and the early cases of a historic career that lead to her nomination and confirmation as U.S. Supreme Court Associate Justice.
- A special welcoming orientation will be held at the Library at 6 p.m. on Tuesday, July 23, by the Library and the Coronado Floral Association to those interested in knowing more about the annual Coronado Flower Show. Attendees will learn about the Show’s design division, an overview of various National Garden Club styles and approaches to creating floral designs to help inspire others. The two-hour event will include how to become more involved in the longest-running tented flower show in the United States.
- A free “Introduction to Excel” workshop will be held at the Library at 6:30 p.m. on Wednesday, July 24.Please call the Library to sign up.
- Wine expert Eric Awes will lecture on the major wines and wine regions of France at 6:30 p.m. on Thursday, July 25. Participants will receive a coupon for Coronado’s Wine a Bit to further their wine exploration.
- YOUTH EVENTS:
Enjoy one last “Great Coronado Bake Off” this summer at 3 p.m. on Tuesday, July 23. Kids will be given ingredients and tasked with creating book characters.
- Toddler Story Hour: Tuesday and Friday at 10:10am in the Ruby Room
- Preschool Story Hour: Tuesday and Friday at 10:45am in the Ruby Room
- Beach Storytime will be held next to the Main Lifeguard Tower at Coronado Central Beach on Ocean Boulevard at 10:30 a.m. on Wednesday, July 24. Look for the purple tent next to the new walkway.
- Kids of all ages are invited to twist themselves into pretzels at Giant Twister on the Children’s Patio at 3 p.m. on Thursday, July 25. Stretch out before taking on the life-sized version of the game.
- Teens can try out test questions, and practice ways to improve their scores on the ACT and the SAT to prep for the college tests at 10 a.m. to noon on Wednesday, July 24. This free event is being held in partnership with High Performance Tutoring. No registration necessary. At 2 p.m., the same day, teens can create their own Walk of Fame star to take home. Design something that reflects the true star of your own show: you. All supplies provided.
For More Info go to: Coronado Public Library July Calendar